Recipe: Sweet potato pie with Parma Ham and Robiola cheese
Sweet potato pie with Parma Ham and Robiola cheese is comfort food at it’s best. What’s more the below recipe serves eight easily. Save for lunch the next day; or to wow at your next dinner party.
For the crust
- 180g Ground rusk
- 70g Butter (melted)
For the stuffing
- 50g Parma Ham
- 700g Sweet potatoes
- 300g Robiola cheese
- 30g Cream or milk
- 2 tsp Corn starch
- 2 Eggs
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 100g Parma Ham
- Rosemary sprigs
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them into slices about 2-3mm thick. Boil for 5-6 minutes in slightly salted water. Keep checking to ensure that the potato slices do not crack. Drain and place the sweet potatoes on a flat surface to cool.
- Cut 50g of Parma Ham into strips and then set aside.
- For the base, mix the ground rusk with the melted butter then place in a 22cm mould that is lined with baking paper. Ensure that the bottom of the mould is covered.
- Soften the Robiola cheese with the cream and then add in the eggs, salt, pepper, corn starch and the strips of Parma Ham. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour one third of this mixture onto the base in the mould. Spread one third of the potato slices over this mixture and add a pinch of salt. Repeat this process for two more layer of mixture and potatoes, ensuring that the top layer is your last third of potatoes.
- Brush the top layer with oil and flavour with pepper and rosemary. Bake at 170°C for 25 minutes, then grill at 200°C for 10 more minutes to brown the surface.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 15-20 minutes. Place onto a serving plate and garnish with the remaining slices of Parma Ham and the rosemary.
Powered by Facebook Comments