Recipe: NERGI salad
— Healthy Living LDN (@HelloFittyLDN) October 8, 2017
There is a new superfood on the block! NERGI mini kiwi berries are now available at M&S and full of vitamins and minerals, rich in antioxidants Vitamins C and E, as well as trace elements such as calcium, magnesium, potassium and phosphorus. And, because they are high in fibre, they also help keep the digestive system healthy.
The super fruit can also be used in various recipes, both sweet and savoury. Try chopped up into segments and topped on pancakes, mixed in with a super food-style salad with quinoa and spinach, or stirred in with yoghurt and muesli for breakfast.
Try this salad recipe for a super healthy lunch.
- 1 pack of NERGI®
- 6 grapes
- 1 table spoon of hazelnuts
- 1 small handful of spinach leaves
- 3 tablespoon of cooked quinoa
- 1 small handful of grated red cabbage
- 100 g grilled or fried chicken
- A few parmesan shavings
- 3 branches of flat parsley
- 1 table spoon of vinegar
- 1 table spoon of olive oil
- 1 table spoon of water
- Salt, pepper
- Blend the parsley leaves, the vinegar, the oil and the water. Put the mixture into a bowl.
- Add the grated cabbage, and then the cubed chicken. Cover in quinoa.
- Cut the NERGI® and grapes in half and add them to the salad. Sprinkle with the hazelnuts, the spinach shoots and the parmesan shavings.
- Cover the bowl and keep in the fridge until ready to eat.
- This complete and balanced salad can be kept in the fridge up until 24 hours. If put in an airtight container, it can be taken on a picnic or to work.
NERGI berries will be available to buy for the first time ever in Marks & Spencer, as well as Costco and Lidl. They will be sold in 125g cardboard punnets, 750g trays or a handy 90g ‘shaker’ style pot to enjoy the berries on the go.
Powered by Facebook Comments