Recipe: mint and cucumber mojito
By Haskins Garden Centre
Ingredients (makes 1 mojito)
- 6 fresh mint leaves
- ¼ cucumber
- Ice (crushed)
- 20ml lime juice
- 40ml soda water
- 15ml elderflower cordial
- 30ml apple juice
- 1 mint sprig (to garnish)
- 2 wedges of lime (to garnish)
- Blitz your fresh mint leaves in a blender, or mash using a muddler, then put them into a tall glass.
- Slice the cucumber into thin slices and place in the bottom of the glass.
- Pour the lime juice, elderflower cordial and apple juice into your glass.
- Place your ice into a sealable freezer bag and use a rolling pin to crush into small chunks.
- Remove the ice from the freezer bag and place into the glass, then stir.
- Add the soda water to the glass.
- To garnish, place the mint sprig on top of the drink, near the edge.
- As a finishing touch, place one lime wedge into the drink and the other on the rim of the glass.
For those looking to grow their own mint, Alasdair has the following recommendations: “Mint is one of those herbs that is best bought as a young plant and we recommend planting it into either a large pot or bottomless bucket in the ground. Regular watering is required, particularly in hot weather, to keep the herb at its best. We also recommend regularly picking the mint, to help keep it compact and bushy.”
Haskins has centres in Ferndown in Dorset, West End in Southampton and Roundstone and Snowhill in West Sussex. For more information visitwww.haskins.co.uk
Powered by Facebook Comments