Recipe: duck salad with cherries
The Jerte Picota Cherry season is in full swing, and Picotas are the perfect addition for this Asian-inspired recipe. The sweetness of the Jerte Picota Cherries and the intense flavour of the duck with Chinese five spice are seamlessly balanced. This recipe serves 1.
– 1 large duck breast
– 1 tsp Chinese five spice powder
– 100g Jerte Picota Cherries, pitted and chopped
– 50ml white wine
– a few sprigs of watercress and salad leaves
– juice of ½ lime
– sesame oil
-1 little gem lettuce
- Season the duck breast and dust with Chinese five spice powder.
- Put in a medium-hot frying pan and fry gently for five minutes, turning halfway, until lots of fat has come out of the skin and the skin is golden brown.
- Take out of the pan and slice thinly – the duck will still be raw in the middle, but don’t worry!
- Discard the fat from the pan and put the sliced duck back in. Stir fry for a few minutes, until cooked through and crispy. Set aside.
- To cook the Jerte Picota cherries, place them in the frying pan with the white wine. Cook for one minute until the cherries turn soft. Take off the heat.
- Arrange the salad leaves and Jerte Picotas around and on the duck. Dress with the lime juice and a drizzle of sesame oil. Season to taste.
Enjoy the intense and mouth-watering flavours from the Jerte Picota Cherries!
The Jerte Picota P.D.O. (Protected Designation of Origin) status certifies that the fruit has been grown, harvested and packed under rigorous quality controlled procedures and has come exclusively from the Jerte Valley in Spain, which lies South-West of Madrid in the Cáceres region.
Tweet @PicotaCherries for more information.
Powered by Facebook Comments