Make-up must-haves: multi-use products
What’s your favourite multi-function make-up? The past year has seen a surge in popularity of items such as BB creams and eyes/cheeks/lips colours and luxury brands are the most popular, despite the credit crunch.
The latest research into the premium beauty market from the NPD Group shows an 80% growth in the cream foundation segment – such as BB creams, which combine great coverage with skin-nourishing benefits.
The success of multi-tasking products also makes a significant contribution to growth in the prestige beauty market overall, showing a 5.2% increase in value year-on-year (for the year to date March 2012) and a 2.1% growth in sales by volume.
Surprisingly, against the backdrop of tough times for many consumers, there are signs that consumers are buying more premium beauty products.
June Jensen, Director of NPD Group’s UK Beauty team, reveals: “Women are looking for a flawless complexion that lasts throughout the day and multi-tasking products such as Compact Dry Foundations or Pressed Powder really deliver the goods. Multi-tasking make-up from brands such as Clinique, Bobbi Brown, Benefit and Laura Mercier mean that women don’t just match their skin tone when they buy, but their skin type as well. That is why we have seen strong growth of a nine per cent and 13 per cent respectively for those segments year-on-year.”
Our top five multi-function make-up must-haves are:
- Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream Light, £7.49 – the original and in many ways the best, particularly for daytime use. Click here for a free sample
- Nars The Multiple in Orgasm, £37.50 – ideal for on-the-go colour
- BeneFit Cosmetics Sheer Cream Blusher in 3 Ooh (Berry), £18 – handbag-sized, hardwearing tube
- Jemma Kidd Dewy Glow All Over Radiance Cream, £17 – used on browbone, cheekbones and eyelids by day
- Clinique Age Defense BB Cream SPF 30, £30 – best coverage and sun protection
Powered by Facebook Comments