Wedding jewellery: dos and don’ts
The internet has revolutionised the way brides shop for those all-important finishing touches. What’s more, with bridesmaids and gifts for the bridal party to consider, it’s a great way to enjoy the journey throughout your engagement, without getting overwhelmed.
We love award-winning Olivier Laudus, who sell everything from bling to umbrellas, to guest books and garters. Here are their top tips for shopping for wedding jewellery.
- Don’t wait until the last minute to choose your jewellery. You should order as soon as you’ve chosen your dress. Bear in mind you have 14 days, legally, to return most items (apart from earrings, for hygiene reasons).
- Do consider the weather. A bridal umbrella will look fab in photos and help you laugh off any rain on the big day. This is England, after all!
- Don’t panic buy bridesmaids accessories. Olivier Laudus recommend giving them three choices – remember they don’t have to match exactly, you can pick a style to suit their personalities. Bridesmaid dresses are usually made of satin and fairly simple in terms of design so adding a pair of sparkly earrings to their outfit will completely transform their outfit.
- Do opt for a simple updo so you can show off statement earrings.
- Don’t over accessorise. Less is more! Olivier Laudus recommends statement earrings, a hair accessory and a bracelet. There is no need for a necklace when you have big earrings.
Olivier Laudus said: “My aim from the beginning has been to try to provide brides-to-be with an enjoyable and easy shopping experience while offering stylish and beautiful wedding accessories at affordable prices.”
Powered by Facebook Comments