Recipe: Camembert Fondue With Parma Ham-Wrapped Grissini Dippers
Parma ham and melted cheese – the ultimate comfort food! Warm up after the recent cold snap with this delectable canape that’s also ideal as a showstopping starter when you have guests to impress. Or just want a bit of luxe during lockdown.
- 1 Camembert Cheese, in a wooden stapled box
- Olive Oil
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Grissini Bread Sticks
- Parma Ham Slices
- Preheat the oven to 220°C, 425°F, gas mark 7. Unwrap the cheese and return to its wooden box. Slash the surface of the cheese to mark a cross and drizzle with a little olive oil, season with cracked black pepper, and place on a baking sheet. Transfer to the oven and bake for 20 minutes until the cheese has a golden top and has melted inside.
- Whilst the cheese is in the oven, wrap slices of Parma Ham around the sticks of Grissini.
- Take the cheese out of the oven and peal back the four corners of the rind to reveal the gooey cheese.
- Simply dip the Parma Ham wrapped grissini into the cheese and enjoy.
Parma Ham is a Protected Designation of Origin (PDO) product and is 100% natural. The drying process that Parma Ham goes through creates a ham that is very low in fat content, with many mineral salts, vitamins, antioxidants and easily digestible proteins. This means that Parma Ham is truly a food for everyone.
Prosciutto di Parma is produced in the hills surrounding the Italian town of Parma.
The unique taste of Parma Ham is dependent on the traditional production process passed down from Roman times, carefully controlled by the Consorzio del Prosciutto di Parma. Only hams that have passed stringent curing regulations approved by the EU can be awarded the stamp of the Ducal crown – a five pointed coronet logo with PARMA in the centre which is branded onto the ham’s skin. The Ducal Crown is now a certification trademark.
For more information, see www.prosciuttodiparma.com.
Powered by Facebook Comments