Peter Andre cancels Bournemouth BIC gig for brother: Twitter trolls spread fake ‘death’ rumours
Tonight’s Peter Andre gig at Bournemouth’s BIC has been cancelled as the singer received news that his terminally ill brother has taken a turn for the worse. Andrew Andre was diagnosed with kidney cancer in February and the 54-year-old is currently ill in a London hospital. Last night, Twitter rumours falsely claimed that he had died, and the sick Tweets were criticised by Andre’s fans as ‘tasteless’.
The singer has supported his older brother Andrew throughout his treatment and even flew him to London for treatment. Andre postponed the rest of his 2012 dates on his Up Close & Personal Tour last week after his brother’s condition deteriorated. BIC and Pavilion Entertainment and Events said that currently the gig is scheduled for 22nd January 2013. Original tickets will remain valid for the rescheduled date.
Any ticket holder requiring a refund should contact the point of purchase as soon as possible. All refund requests must be received by Monday 7 January 2013. Any returned tickets will be available to purchase from the venue box offices. Peter Andre: Up Close And Personal is the singer’s latest live tour, featuring hits from his pop career, performing live with his band, featuring all of hits including Mysterious Girl and Behind Closed Doors. He is currently recording his eighth studio album, due for release next year.
His management company said: “It is with great regret that Peter Andre has postponed his remaining December 2012 tour dates. His brother Andrew’s health has taken a turn for the worse and Peter has made the decision to be with him and his family at this time.”
Powered by Facebook Comments