Coconut oil face mask: tried and tested
- Find out more: 16 Stunning Benefits of MCT Oil
- More home tips at www.hometipsworld.com
- Buy coconut oil here
You are what you eat, they say. Well, the same applies to the beauty products you use. They are absorbed into the skin, after all. So more and more people, particularly those with sensitive or stressed skin like me, are going organic.
One thing I’ve learnt is that you can look beyond the beauty aisles for products that are multi-purpose, for use in cooking as well as for health purposes. Jango Fitness introduced me to coconut oil to use in recipes to speed up weight loss – it’s a natural source of energy, helps fill you up and burn calories – and I’ve recently found some fab ideas for at-home spa treatments that use coconut oil, too.
What’s more, many of the health benefits of coconut oil you find on blogs such as this one have been backed up by solid research.
Coconut oil will soften the skin, break down dead cells, heal acne and hydrate skin. It also has sunscreen properties. Perfect for summer!
Try the below face mask recipe and comment below if you like it. I tried it on my post-Easter-bender stressed-out skin and the results were instant… And it smells fantastic…
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons raw honey
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Combine ingredients in a small mixing bowl. Don’t worry if the mixture is a bit waxy – it melts when it’s applied to (stressed) skin.
- Apply a thick coat of the mixture onto your clean face for 10 minutes.
- Rinse off with cool water pat skin dry.
- Rub any leftover into hands and feet.
Top tip: You want to make sure the coconut oil you use is 100 per cent organic, raw and unrefined. We recommend Lucy Bee for more natural beauty tipa: www.lucybee.co/beauty/beauty-index/natural-face-mask
Powered by Facebook Comments