Recipe: Easter luxury with Parmigiano sauce
With the world on lockdown, cooking gives us so much joy. This unusual recipe works for breakfast, brunch or lunch and is quick and simple to make. Asparagus needs a sauce to make the flavour zing and this idea is timeless.
Asparagus with Poached Eggs & Parmigiano Reggiano Sauce
It wouldn’t be Easter without a few eggs-cellent recipes! Luckily, this one with asparagus, poached egg, and Parmigiano Reggiano sauce is perfect for Easter morning … and can be accompanied with as many chocolate eggs as possible!
- 14 Asparagus spears
- 1/3 tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tbsp. Parsley, chopped
- 15-20g Parmigiano Reggiano, shaved
- 25g unsalted butter
- 1 tsp. Plain flour
- 100ml Milk
- 50g Cream cheese
- 30g Parmigiano Reggiano, grated
- ½ tsp. Lemon zest
- Salt & Pepper
- To make the sauce, melt the butter in a small heavy based saucepan over a medium-low heat. Stir in the flour and whisk in the milk to thicken.
- Stir through the cream cheese, Parmigiano Reggiano, and lemon zest and season to taste. Keep warm and stir periodically to prevent a skin from forming
- Cook the asparagus spears in salted boiling water for 3-5 minutes until just tender. Remove from the heat, drain, and plunge quickly into ice cold water. Drain again and toss in olive oil, with some salt and pepper
- Meanwhile, poach the eggs in boiling water for 2-3 minutes. Drain on kitchen paper.
- To serve, lay spears of asparagus on two serving plates topped with a poached egg and drizzle over plenty of sauce. Sprinkle over a little parsley and black pepper and top with Parmigiano Reggiano shavings.
Powered by Facebook Comments