Chinese New Year news: meat feasts and nibbles at ALDI
Having a party to celebrate Chinese New Year? It’s the Year of the Rat and if ratbags in your life have got you down in 2019, lift your spirits (with a few spirits) in 2020. ALDI have launched new nibbles for those throwing a dinner party or simply looking for Saturday night bite-sized ideas.
There are also some meat offers for inventive recipes to spice up family dinners. You can find plenty of recipes online for their Duck Breast Portions (£3.49, 250g) and BBQ Pork Fillet (£3.79, 550g). Or if you want to put on a spread there’s also the Clean Green Casserole (£2.99, 350g), Bombay Lamb Chops (£3.49, 360g) and Lemon & Herb Chicken Escalope (£1.79, 240g). With the latter two, just add veg – check out ALDI’s Super 6 weekly offers.
It’s not just the meat aisle that has everyone covered either, fill up your pantry with these oriental essentials:
- Bamboo Shoots – 89p, 225g
- Ready to Wok Rice Noodles – 79p, 2x150g
- Sriracha Chilli Sauce – £1.99
- Marinade Sachets (choose from Chow Mein, Teriyaki, Spicy Salt & Chilli or Oriental Salt & Pepper) – 59p, 35g
- Asian Sauces (choose from Satay, Korean BBQ, Hoisin or Plum) – 85p
- Thai Dragon Crackers (choose from Thai Cracker Mix or Sweet Chilli Prawn) – 99p
Celebrate Chinese New Year with an easy ‘fakeaway’ with Beef and Pepper Stir fry using Aldi’s Thin Cut Beef Steaks, Ready to Wok Noodles, Vegetable Oil and Oyster & Spring Onion Sauce or go for Chinese Pork Lettuce Wraps using Aldi’s Lean British Pork Mince, Sweet Chilli Sauce, Soy Sauce and Romaine Lettuce.
Full recipes available at: https://www.aldi.co.uk/c/
Powered by Facebook Comments