Recipe: Easter chicken with Parmigiano Reggino Butter
Roasted Chicken with Lemon, Herb, & Parmigiano Reggiano Butter
This roasted chicken with Parmigiano Reggiano butter and a side of green beans will get the kids excited for both eating and cooking! Why not ask for their help with making the sauce?
- Free range chicken, 1.8 – 2.0kg
- Shallot, finely chopped
- 100ml Dry white wine
- 150ml Double cream
- 125g Unsalted butter, cubed and chilled
- 50g Parmigiano Reggiano, grated
- 10g Flat leaf parsley, large stalks removed and finely chopped
- 1 Sprig Tarragon, leaves removed and chopped ( 3g)
- 1 tbsp. Lemon juice, (approx. ¼ Lemon)
- Two Pinches Lemon zest, (approx. 1/8 Lemon)
- Salt & Pepper
For the Chicken:
Roast the chicken in your usual way or…
- Spatchcock chicken by cutting out the backbone and flattening the bird. Season generously.
- Place backbone, wing tips and any giblets (except the liver) that came with the bird into a baking tray with a good slug of water. Then place the chicken on a wire rack over the top of the roasting tray.
- Roast at 230˚C for 30 to 45 minutes (depending on the size of your chicken) until golden brown, and the leg meat easily pulls away when pinched with your fingers.
- Remove the chicken and roasting tray from the oven and leave to rest for at least 15 minutes. Strain the chicken juices from the tray intoa small jug, spooning any fat off that rises to the top.
For the Sauce:
- Place the shallots and white wine into a saucepan, bring to the boil and reduce wine by ¾.
- Add double cream, chicken juices and gently simmer for 5 minutes.
- Strain hot cream into a jug, add butter and blend with a hand blender until smooth.
- Add Parmigiano Reggiano, herbs, lemon juice and zest. Season with salt and pepper.
- Adjust seasoning if needed with more salt, pepper, or lemon juice to taste
To Serve: Carve the chicken and serve with seasonal vegetable and the Parmigiano sauce.
Powered by Facebook Comments