Recipe: Easter bunny rolls
120ml Double Cream
130ml Whole Milk
60g Caster Sugar
320g Plain Flour
½ tsp Salt
1 x beaten egg for egg wash
Extra flour for rolling
30g Dark Chocolate (melted)
- Add the cream, milk and sugar into a small saucepan and simmer until the sugar has melted.
- Remove the pan from the heat and ensure that the milk is warm and not hot then add in the yeast.
- Leave for a couple of minutes until the liquid has bubbled slightly (this shows the yeast is alive).
- Place the flour and salt in a large bowl and then add in the milk mixture and knead for 5-10 minutes until a ball has formed.
- Leave in a bowl for 1-2 hours for the dough to doubled in size.
- Knock the air out of the dough and knead for a couple of minutes until the dough is smooth.
- Cut into 8 pieces and roll 6 of them into balls and place on a greaseproof paper lined baking tray.
- Cut the 2 remaining pieces into 6 (12 total) and then shape them into bunny ears and add to the dough balls.
- Leave to rise, covered with greased cling film, for another half an hour until doubled in size.
- Pre-heat oven to 190C/170Fan/GM 5.
- Brush with the beaten egg and then bake for about 20 minutes until golden and hollow sounding when tapped on the base.
- Leave to cool and then pipe eyes and whiskers with the melted dark chocolate.
Powered by Facebook Comments