Recipe: Springtime apple cake
Here is another recipe, perfect for lockdown but also perfect for a Father’s Day gift.
Easy Springtime Apple Cake
Makes: 1 cake, serving 12
90g YaconViva Yacon Syrup
1 tbsp baking powder
1 pinch salt
- Preheat your oven to 180C and grease a round cake tin (26-28cm).
- Peel the apples and cut them into quarters removing the core. Make several scores with a knife across the back of the apple, but be careful not to cut all the way through.
- Place the butter, eggs, YaconViva Yacon Syrup, flour, baking powder and salt into a mixing bowl and mix until combined and smooth.
- Pour the mixture into greased cake tin and spread evenly with your spatula. Place the apple quarters on top and tight the way along the tin with the scored side facing up.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes. Check that it is fully cooked by inserting a knife into the centre of the cake, it will come out clean if so. Leave on the baking tray to cool.
- Dust top of cake with icing sugar before serving, and enjoy!
YaconViva Yacon Syrup is available now from Amazon UK, good health stores and from yaconviva.co.uk (RRP) £9.99 for a 220g bottle.
The YaconViva range comes from Conviva Health Ltd, a small family business with the aim of bringing the tastiest and healthiest foods from Latin America.
With family connections in Peru, Conviva Health Ltd has access to some of Peru’s best undiscovered secrets.
Its mission is to deliver great tasting, wholesome food that is great for your health.
Powered by Facebook Comments