Recipe: Easter pasta
Orecchiette Pasta with Tenderstem Broccoli, Parmigiano Reggiano Shavings and Italian Sausage
Did you know that “orecchiette” means “little ears” in Italian? This innovative pasta shape is perfect for scooping up leftover sauce and extra shavings of Parmigiano Reggiano!
- 100g Dried orecchiette pasta, or other shapes
- 750ml Water
- 75g Tenderstem broccoli (7 Stems), trimmed
- 3 Italian-style Sausages, chopped or torn in small pieces
- 30g Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 50g Parmigiano Reggiano, grated
- Salt & Black pepper, to season
- Place the water in a saucepan and season with a little salt. Bring to the boil and add the pasta. Add the broccoli after 8 minutes.
- Remove the broccoli and place it on to a serving plate.
- Add 75ml of the pasta water to the frying pan with the sausage and garlic. Turn up the heat and add the Parmigiano Reggiano. Stir and let everything reduce and thicken for a couple of minutes until you have a thick sauce.
- Add the pasta and season well with salt and black pepper.
- Serve with the broccoli and drizzle over a little olive oil and sprinkle with freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano and garnish with basil leaves.
Powered by Facebook Comments