New XXL meat mains at ALDI
Bored of Veganuary? Looking for a meaty main? Budget chain ALDI has launched a range of hearty meals to suit families and larger appetites.
Going on sale yesterday, they are heathy ideas that will warm you up on winter nights with enough leftovers for lunch the next day.
A bargain buy for families would be the Ashfield Farm Lamb Chops (700g), available for just £5.49. When accompanied with a creamy mash and steamed vegetables, these are guaranteed to feed the whole family and keep them warm this winter.
On a budget? Ashfield Farm Beef Meatballs (680g) are now on sale for an incredible price of just £2.79. If haggis isn’t on the menu this Burns Night, roll on down to your local Aldi and grab yourself a pack. Combined with a tomato-based sauce, spaghetti and some parmesan, they make for the ideal dinner party meal.
It pays to be a savvy shopper today as it is traditionally the poorest day of the year, being so far away from both New Year and the next payday.
Follow Natalie’s #Aldipoorestdaychallenge @stylemesunday.
Natalie’s super quick & easy, cheap and delicious vegetable rice (serves 4):
250g Easy cook rice (uncooked)
500g Frozen mixed veg
2 large eggs
Store cupboard essentials: A few turns of Garlic granules
Store cupboard essentials: A good glug of Soy Sauce
- Cook the rice in boiling water and heat the vegetables on the stove
- Combine the cooked rice and vegetables in a large frying pan with a splash of oil
- Sprinkle a dash of the garlic granules and add those to the vegetable rice on a low heat
- Crack and add two eggs and keep stirring until the eggs are combined and cooked through
- Add a good glug of soy sauce and enjoy!
Chicken Fajita’s (serves 4)
1 pack Ashfield Farm Diced Chicken Breast
½ of each red, green and yellow peppers
½ bunch spring onions
1 475g pack Fiesta Fajita Dinner Kit
1 ripe Avocado
Juice ½ Lime
½ tsp Stonemill Chilli Flakes
Couple of scoops of low fat natural yoghurt
Store cupboard goods: A little Sunflower Oil
- Preheat the oven to 200⁰C/400⁰F/Gas Mark 6
- Thinly slice the peppers discarding any white pith and seeds
- Wash, trim and thinly slice the spring onions
- Put all the above into a large bowl, with the chicken, add half the lime juice and mix together
- Sprinkle over the fajita seasoning from the kit and mix well
- Lightly grease a large baking tray
- Spread the chicken and vegetable mix over the tray
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes
- Meanwhile make the avocado dip
- Cut the avocado in half lengthways, remove the stone and scoop out the flesh
- Put the avocado into a bowl, mash the flesh with a fork then add the yoghurt, the rest of the lime juice and the chilli flakes then mix well
- Warm the tortillas in the oven
- To make up the fajitas put some of the salsa from the kit on each tortilla, then add some of the chicken and vegetables
- Roll up and serve alongside the avocado dip
Natalie’s meal plan
Monday: Breakfast: Smoothie. Lunch: Eggs/ avocado on toast. Dinner: Vegetable rice
Tuesday: Breakfast: Porridge. Lunch: Rice, chicken and mixed peppers. Dinner: Halloumi and Asparagus Kebabs
Wednesday: Breakfast: Cereal. Lunch: Meatballs and leftover vegetables. Dinner: Chicken Fajitas
Thursday: Breakfast: Cereal. Lunch: Vegetable soup and bread. Dinner: Pasta, olive oil and garlic granules.
Friday: Breakfast: Smoothie. Lunch: Omlette and salad. Dinner: Spaghetti and pesto sauce
Saturday: Breakfast: Smoked salmon and eggs. Lunch: Baked beans on toast. Dinner: Chicken, asparagus, potatoes
Sunday: Breakfast: Eggs and chilli flakes on toast. Lunch/Dinner: Sunday roast.
Natalie’s one-week Aldi shopping basket
Frozen mixed veg
Soft wholemeal bread
Scottish porridge oats
Specially Selected Pesto
Everyday Essentials Spaghetti
Chicken breast fillets
Diced Chicken Breast
5% fat beef Meatballs
Easy cook rice
Low fat natural yoghurt
Powered by Facebook Comments