Chinese New Year recipes: Scorched king fish with garlic
Andrew Wong’s Scorched king fish with garlic, chilli, Sichuan pepper and pomelo, perfect with a Cobra beer
• 200g kingfish (Hiramasa)
• 1 tabs ground Sichuan pepper
• 3 cloves of garlic minced
• 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
• 1 teaspoon of sliced spring onion rounds (green parts)
• 20ml light soy sauce
• 50g fresh pomelo
• 2 tabs of chopped coriander
• vegetable oil for scorching
1. Slice the fish into 1.5 mm slices and place on a platter, ensuring not to overlap each piece.
2. Top the fish with minced garlic, chilli, chilli flakes and spring onions.
3. Heat oil in a pan to 200C and pour over the fish and dried ingredients.
4. Add soy sauce and cover with chopped coriander and picked pomelo pieces.
Powered by Facebook Comments